Power points now available from National Council for Sustainable Development Workshop held before the HLPF
The workshop aimed to:
- Initiate a global dialogue to exchange experiences, lessons learned, identify good practice, and reveal gaps in cross-sectoral and cross-governance exchange that could be more effectively addressed by councils and platforms at all levels; and
- Assess how National Councils for Sustainable Development and other types of multi-stakeholder platforms can help countries and governments deliver the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Session 2: Setting the Scene: The current state of National Councils and similar multi-stakeholder platforms and their role in implementing the 2030 Agenda
- Ingeborg Niestroy, Senior Fellow, The Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies
Session 3: With the help of NCSDs and other similar multi-stakeholder platforms, how can governments develop and deliver their national sustainable development strategies?
- Günther Bachmann, Secretary-General, German Council for Sustainable Development (RNE)
- Pia Björkbacka, Adviser for International Affairs, Central Organisation of Finnish Trade Unions & Stakeholder Member of Finnish National Commission on Sustainable Development
- Sara Hamouda, SDGs & Agenda 2063 Expert, African Peer Review Mechanism Continental Secretariat, South Africa
Session 4: The role of NCSDs and other similar multi-stakeholder platforms in Financing for Sustainable Development: This session will look at key Means of Implementation issues from the 2030 Agenda and Addis Ababa Action Agenda.
- Jorge Fernandez-Quintela, Delegate of the Basque Country to the United States: Financing to promote the UN Sustainable Development Goals and Agenda 2030: The Basque Government Sustainability Bond
- Rik F. van Hemmen, President and Senior Partner, Martin, Ottaway, Van Hemmen & Dolan, Inc., on the role of technology
- Felipe Morgado, Senior Manager, Government Relations UN Global Compact, on the industry perspective
- Francesca Perucci, Assistant Director, Statistics Division the United Nations on using the data revolution to achieve the SDGs
Post a Comment