HOW TO MOBILISE PRIVATE FINANCE TO SUPPORT THE
ADDIS ABABA 2030 AGENDA
Side Event: April 20th between 1:15-2:45pm
Conference Room E, Conference Building, UN Headquarters
Adopting the conventional definition of sustainable development and applying it to capital markets:
“capital markets that finance development that meets the need of the present, without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
- Shari Spiegel, Chief, Policy Analysis and Development Branch, Finance for Development Office
- Felix Dodds, Tellus Institute
- Steve Waygood, Chief Responsible Investment Officer, Aviva
- Gavin Power, Deputy Director, UN Global Compact
- Anadi Jauhari, Founder and Senior Managing Director - Emerging Energy and Environment Group
- Stefano Prato, Managing Director, Society for International Development
· Aniket Shah, Global Strategist, Investec Asset Management Group
· Are current efforts by the private sector sufficient?
· How can policy-makers and regulators and other public sector actors best collaborate with the private sector to deliver the sustainable development goals?
· What policy incentives and regulations are required to improve Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting as well as long-term investing?
· What is the data/benchmarking gap – focus on one aspect of the financial chain – stock markets and their unique role in mandating listing rules;
· How can the United Nations, in particular the Financing for Development Forum and UN PRI, take forward inclusive discussions on ESG and encouraging good investor behavior; What kind of platform can be developed to bring together stakeholders from the sustainable finance sector to help accelerate the implementation of the SDGs and AAAA?