Nexus Conference on Water, Food, Climate & Energy side events and registration now open - influence the SDGs in an interlinked way
The 2015 Nexus Conference on Water, Food, Climate & Energy will again be in Chapel Hill on the 15-17th of March web site here
The conference is now accepting side event requests here. While event themes will be determined by the organizers, they should be related to the conference themes:
- Sustainable and Resilient Development at a Local Level
- Transboundary, National and Local Nexus Governance
- Corporate Stewardship of the Nexus
- Financing in a Nexus World
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Water Stress, Vulnerability, and Health
- Managing Resources: Optimizing Co-Demands
We are also open for attendance registration here.
The main plenary sessions of the conference will be:
- Science of the Nexus
- Governing the Nexus Globally, Nationally and Locally
- No regrets: Health & the Nexus
- Corporate Stewardship for the Nexus
- Partnerships for the Nexus
Speakers and Chairs include
Confirmed speakers include: Hans R. Herren, President & CEO Millennium Institute and 2013 Right Livelihood Award winner; Kitty Vander-Heijden, Director of World Resources Institute’s Europe Office and former Netherlands Sustainable Development Ambassador; Johan Kuylenstierna, Executive Director of Stockholm Environmental Institute; Liz Thompson former UN Assistant Secretary General Rio+20 and Barbados Health and Environment Minister, Derek Osborn President of Stakeholder Forum and former Chair of the preparatory process for Rio+5; Gavin Powers Deputy Head UN Global Compact; Steve Waygood Head of Sustainability Research and Engagement, AVIVA
We plan on producing multiple outputs as a result of the Nexus Conference. These include:
1. Nexus Declaration input to the SDG process: Participants will be able to input to the redraft of the 2014 Nexus Declaration. This will be updated in time for the Sustainable Development Goals and Targets which will be discussed the week following on the 23rd to the 27th of March.
Current Declaration can be found here
We also plan to have the following:
- Draft Nexus Principles for companies: As indicated last year, in an effort to make the Nexus practical this will be available for input and will hopefully have an impact on how companies address the Nexus.
- Draft Guidance for governments: To help kick off the discussion within government departments we will have a draft for input to.
The conference will also be a place for networking and helping to develop the approaches to an interlinked agenda for the future.
We hope you can attend.
Felix Dodds and Jamie Bartram
Nexus 2015 Conference Co-directors
Post a Comment